Author Topic: Wind's Maps (Finished, wip, and request slots)  (Read 2706 times)

Offline Windstrider

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • Soon-to-be college student!
    • Windstrider2017
    • windstrider2017@gmail.com
    • Windstrider2017
    • View Profile
Wind's Maps (Finished, wip, and request slots)
« on: September 03, 2016, 08:47:19 pm »
I'm back y'all! I'm gonna put each individual map's info and screenshots in a spoiler code so nobody has to scroll through a ridiculously long post. During the school year I'll probably not be on here much, and school will take priority over requests. During the summer however, unless I get a job or something comes up, this will be my priority!

6/14/17: Requests are now open!

I figured I'd put this in this section since 'general' probably suits one big thread more. I was tempted to put this in the Finished Maps section but this thread has a big mix of stuff in it. I decided it's better for me to make one big thread for all my stuff instead of making a ton of individual threads for all my projects and only make the individual threads for 'masterpiece' maps.

Sea Kingdom V1
So here's the first version. It started off as a test map but then I found the new underwater stuff and decided to make a full-blown map. Anyone who's read the Wings of Fire books knows what this is based off of (spoiler: it's basically a combination of the Deep Palace and Summer Palace, with my own twists). The main parts are the pavilion+vacation dens and the reef. There's no heightmap or mask since, again, this started as just a test map). Anyway, I think it's already pretty great the way it is for now, and I hope you guys like it too! The second version will most likely have the Deep Palace and reef and the Summer Palace as separate areas, unless the map gets too huge and laggy with all the detail. Without further yammering, here's the link and screenshots (only the ones of the mostly-done stage and end result to save space)! In the ingame parts you'll see my character looking different a bunch of times; I was doing a color test with that. Anyway.

Download: http://www.filedropper.com/seakingdomv1re-export

Making the upper levels of the pavilion

The reef while in progress

Entering the floating/magic garden area

Flying over the topmost level

Lion and wolf statues on top of the highest level

Dragon (cough canine model with the back ears and weird-shaped feline tail) statues around the central crystal

Exploring the reef (have fun looking at all the little details and sea life)

Sunrise in the middle/main level of the pavilion

Selfie in front of my masterpiece! (My character has wings now tho)

Sea and Sky V1

Forest (somewhat WolfQuest-based)

~COMING SOON: My next maps; suggestions welcome!~Post your ideas and I'll add them to my requests list. The 'my ideas' part is one giant (or not-so-giant when I narrow it down for the moment) list of things I added on as I thought of them; they aren't in any particular order and I probably won't do them in a specific order. The request list will have the first request at the top, and the others added on as people request.
- Park
- Ice Kingdom
- Canyon
- Forest and plains
- Warriors first arc map
- Wolves of The Beyond map
- Far North/tundra and ice theme (will include jumpable ice floes etc)
- Parkour
- Cave full of glowing crystal features, get ready for more retextured trees and stuff xD

Upcoming: First priority
Two main projects at a time. Either one from my ideas list that you want to see or a request is welcome!
- [Forest V1]
- [open]

Requests/Pending List
When one in the above list is done I will move the first, or maybe the least time-consuming (so that person can get their map sooner instead of taking forever on a huge project and putting everyone 'on hold' for ages) of these up to the priority list.
[open]
[open]
[open]
[open]
------------------
I *might* also remake some of my old maps, but I'm probably going to do them completely from scratch. I don't even have most of my old files anyway.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:45:06 pm by Windstrider »

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Wind's Maps (Finished, wip, and request slots)
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 01:56:50 am »
I haven't read the Wings of Fire books but they look very interesting from a bit of googling :D I think you should go down your list of ideas and find which one sticks out to you the most as being an awesome map and start creating that one. Sea Kingdom looks very nice ^^ I'm sure if you were to create others, they'd be just the same.
Like I said, I don't read the books but Ice Kingdom and Rain Kingdom seem like they'd make a good environment.
I also like your Sky's Reach idea, your cave/den map idea and Gift of The Nile. Maybe someday you'll be able to put everything together as a big map pack!

This is a late reply but I hope this leads you in some sort of direction. Good luck with your classes too. I agree that school takes priority over anything.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 97
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 01:58:40 am »
This looks so RAD! KSLDJFLSKDJFA WONDERFUL!

Artwork (c) Lynxbrush & CosmicFatality

Originally registered January 15, 2011

ola232

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2017, 05:02:34 pm »
I know this thread is dead for a bit but the floating islands don't show up and i want to know how to make them appear.

Offline Windstrider

• Windstrider2017
    • Windstrider2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2017, 08:34:43 pm »
I'm glad it ain't dead. I just updated it and was hoping somebody would check it out so thanks lol. The Sea Kingdom or Sea and Sky's islands? They're original game objects so that's a bit weird but I can try re-exporting whichever map is having issues.

ola232

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2017, 08:35:46 pm »
I'm glad it ain't dead. I just updated it and was hoping somebody would check it out so thanks lol. The Sea Kingdom or Sea and Sky's islands? They're original game objects so that's a bit weird but I can try re-exporting whichever map is having issues.
I don't see the islands in both maps so you can re export them

Offline Windstrider

• Windstrider2017
    • Windstrider2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2017, 08:36:35 pm »
Ok I'm temporarily gonna take the download links down and then replace them with the newly exported maps and see if that works.

Edit: I re-exported the maps and replaced the download links. Let me know if they still have issues.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 08:46:00 pm by Windstrider »