Author Topic: ENB Mod for FH (Slight Graphic improvement)  (Read 24498 times)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
ENB Mod for FH (Slight Graphic improvement)
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:31:18 pm »
Hello there, thought I'd use this section a lil.

Many people out there wants to make their game look "purdy". Could be in many different ways.

I saw someone adding a mod like this to fh on youtube and was actually impressed. Later on I bumped into another video showing this "enb mod". And I'm rather certain it was the same thing they used, so I had to get it and try it myself.

So what is this ENB mod?
The ENB series MOD is a mod created by the russian modder by the name Vorontsov Boris. It's meant to be a graphic enhancer that you place into the game directory that holds the .exe and it will automatically add visual effects to the game even though the game doesn't have the functions itself.

How does it work?
You add a .dll file and an ini file into the game directory. The next time you run the game, you're able to press sift + f12 and the mod will switch on/off itself(On as default works aswell). This means you're able to choose when to use it, and when not to. The mod also includes an ini file which you can config yourself after personal taste.

The development of this is actually to an halt right now, and to fully use all of the functions for this mod, the mod itself needs to be modified to work fully with all it's functions. But some functions in it still works for ANY game that use Direct3D rendering.

Things like bloom, saturation and motion blur still works. I took the liberty to download this mod and modify it some so it works really well with FeralHeart. Things like Distant landscapes, sunsets and glow effects look really pretty. Here's some screens showing it(You might have to view the image in a separate window in order to see well).

It's not much, but it gives the whole game some more colours, and a slight touch of bloom(Had to reduce this because it was too much from the start).

How to get it!
It's easily installed, just to download the zip I made here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xtsqvg57e8x59a1

Unzip/extract the folder and paste those files into your FeralHeart directory containing the .exe for the game. (On standard this should be C:\FeralHeart).

Run the game, and press shift +  F12. This will switch it on.

Keep in Mind
If it doesn't work, it could be because you have the rendering in the game set to OpenGL. In that case, change it to Direct3D9 if it works for you and then try to relaunch the game.

The mod can bring a performance drop to some computers, so if the game gets really slow to play, don't be surprised. Just turn it off in that case.

Note that I myself did not make this mod, I just modified the .ini file so it works with FH.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 11:35:42 pm by Red »
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Avenger

• Kaya is stalking you (: <3
  • Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: ENB Mod for FH (Slight Graphic improvement)
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 08:39:04 am »
I didn't know anyone made a thread about this. Anyways, there is no Enb series for Feralheart/Ogre engine, but one for Vice City works with almost any game including FH. Anyways, care to share your config file?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 10:04:16 am »
The development of this is actually to an halt right now, and to fully use all of the functions for this mod, the mod itself needs to be modified to work fully with all it's functions. But some functions in it still works for ANY game that use Direct3D rendering.
I took the liberty to download this mod and modify it some so it works really well with FeralHeart.
It's easily installed, just to download the zip I made here.
http://www.mediafire.com/?xtsqvg57e8x59a1

?

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 10:24:31 am »
I didn't know anyone made a thread about this. Anyways, there is no Enb series for Feralheart/Ogre engine, but one for Vice City works with almost any game including FH. Anyways, care to share your config file?

You really should pay attention to what you're reading...  Red just made things simple by quoting parts of his own post you obviously missed.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Rak$ha

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 06:35:24 am »
Love eet xD

Bornes

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 03:55:05 am »
Wasn't this what feralistic was for?
Honest question. I really don't see the difference.

TealSkeletore

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 04:18:20 am »
Feralistic has different textures. This one makes things glow and make it pretty and stuff.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 04:20:10 am »
I don't know for certain all the changes all that mod does, but I know this leaves all the game files intact, and you can turn it on/off as you please. So no, it's not feralistic.

No need to uninstall either.

Offline wolffox

• COOL MOM
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 188
  • icon by T0XIIIC, sig by Bawfle <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 06:11:55 am »
This is... epic. If only my computer were strong enough to run it. Bah.

Offline swiftfang

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 06:02:37 pm »
how do become one