Author Topic: "Failed to connect to front server"  (Read 1720 times)

Offline l3lue

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • 𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓴
    • l3lueflu
    • View Profile
"Failed to connect to front server"
« on: June 23, 2016, 02:48:26 am »
So, I made a post about this a while back, on May 18th, and I've had this problem a few weeks before I made that post. Which would have been about a week after the new login system was created, but it had been working up until that point.

If you haven't read my original post I will briefly explain what has been going on:

Anyway, so I am able to log in on the website, I leave it up and start up FH, try to log in there, but every time I try I always get a "failed to connect to front server" message.

I have also tried everything everyone has suggested, I know for sure antivirus/firewall/my browser/etc.. isn't the problem. As I found out while over at a relative's house, that it connects perfectly fine while connected to their internet. It's not my connection's strength as I have all the bars, and have tried sitting closer to my router. I believe it may have something to do with my router's IP adress not wanting to allow / connect to the game or something along the lines of that.

I've also tried referring to this post here, made by Raz:  http://www.feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=54268.msg779817#msg779817 but the FHmyIP program doesn't seem to be working correctly for me, as instead of telling me my IP it says "Message with identifier 17 has arrived" and nothing more.. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong or..?

That and I've tried port forwarding before, to see if I could possibly allow FH that way, but after typing my IP into the browser I just get a 404 page. I've tried both my external and internal IPs for this.

Sorry this post is getting a little bit long and is a little jumbled, I'm tired and just really want to get FH working again. So I'm just gonna end it here with a simple question of, does anybody know what I should do?

tl;dr- FH wont connect to front server. Tried everything. Is probably something with my router, unsure what to do.
(and yes i installed the new patch update too) (and i've tried contacting staff about it before)

icon by hiddencanaries | pixel by som2-0

My Presets

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: "Failed to connect to front server"
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 02:58:18 am »
Could be something up with the router if it connects to your relatives and not for yours. U would suggest contacting the company or simply unplugging the thing / turning it off for a good while before trying again.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 03:04:53 am »
Most of the time, companies have something called a "Refresh Signal" which they send out to your router in order to reset and refresh your internet. You could possibly try contacting your internet provider and asking them to send one for you.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline curlylx

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2016, 04:49:29 pm »
This happened to me before.....

Some computers can't handle FH. This may be why

Offline l3lue

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • 𝓑𝓸𝓻𝓴
    • l3lueflu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2016, 05:21:24 pm »
@Kynvuu and @Hakumi Yeah, I'll have to try contacting them then!
 I have tried unplugging the router and waiting before and it didn't do anything, I'll just have to see if I can fully reset the router.

@curlylx Sorry to hear it's happened to you before! But it's not something with my computer, it's something with my internet or router's IP.
As I was able to connect to a relatives internet (on the same laptop as I'm using now) and FH worked perfectly fine.

Thank you all for the responses though!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:23:05 pm by Bluecatwolf38557 »

icon by hiddencanaries | pixel by som2-0

My Presets