Author Topic: Rovaniik - Mountainous, beautiful map pack  (Read 16436 times)

Offline Vivacious

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
Rovaniik - Mountainous, beautiful map pack
« on: August 17, 2015, 05:18:44 am »
(for anyone who was in the Rovaniik RP, I haven't been on FH in months.  This map is just laying to rot, yet it is one of the best things i've made on FH.  I'm not letting it go to waste.)

I made this map months ago and haven't been able to put it to much use as I would have liked, so I'd like to just share it.  
I believe the map has about 7-8 maps in total with many different environments, the main ones are gloomy caves and beautiful mountainous areas.
Inspired by skyrim, the entire map is pretty mysterious looking and there is lots to explore.
The map has a large, open desert land, a village, caves, a mountain clearing, and a mountainous forest area with waterfalls and I think at least three open camps (you'd think as the creator I'd remember, but I haven't been in here for months ;; )

RULES
[/u][/size]
- if you create an RP in this map, please don't use the name Rovaniik maybe?  The territory itself can be named that if you'd like to keep it, but the actual pack name, Rovaniik, is reserved!!
- Don't claim a camp that's already taken.  If you see no activity in that camp for four days, you may claim it.  I won't be keeping track of open camps, sorry.
- Don't claim anything else in the map please, or say it is your own.
- Please be kind to other people and follow the usual feralheart rules.  
- Not everyone will want to RP with you, so please don't interrupt RPs.  Ask to join OOC.  If they disagree then just move on kindly.
- If you aren't going to be nice, please don't be in the map!

SCREENIES
[/size]
added more screenies!
(there may be more details then displayed in the screenies, these were work in progresses I fetched from my dA)

(going to add more later, too tired right now )

D O W N L O A D : www.mediafire.com/download/mismcyr1c1ftdfv/Rovaniik_by_Azkan.zip

INSTRUCTIONS!
[/u]

- The OakBark, BarkMat, Moss textures and Felsite Rock textures go under media > objects > my_objects and media > textures.
- Any material fils go under my_objects and media > materials.
- Any .mp3 files go under media > sounds and media > music.
- All files ending in .fho, .fhm, .fhw, and .fhs go under exports.
- All remaining .jpg files go under media > terrains > textures. Replace if it asks.
- Restar/relog and go to the cape, then look for Rovaniik.

FAQ/HELP
[/u]

"What do I do if Dawnwood's ground is black and yellow?"
oopsies I forgot a texture
www.mediafire.com/view/16jolu6use5ou4c/ViriditysGrass.jpg
put under media > terrains > textures.

"There are white squares on the ground! What do I do?"
Download this and follow the instructions in the description. Works everytime if you did it right.
bunnehz8d.deviantart.com/art/FeralHeart-Grass-Pack-V-0-1-Bunnehz8D-367067041

"Mediafire doesn't work for me, how do I download it?"
I can't use dropbox or anything myself, you can ask another person if they'd be willing to, or I can send it to you via skype/email.  You'll have to PM me about that.

"How do I fix lagging/crashing?"
Delete all weather files and all animal object files (wombat animal pack.fho, aniuk elk.fho, animalparticles.fho, etc). Delete any maps you do not need, clean off your desktop, and turn/exit out of anything that may slow down your computer. If crashing continues, you can then try to delete ArathiDetail.fho, House.fho, Ribs.fho, FeralasTrees.fho, DrekObjects.fho, and Herbs2.fho but you will be missing some objects (you'll still see the pretty stuff though).
If you are STILL crashing/laggying, hit esc, go to options, then to video, turn down view distance all the way, turn off water reflections, and try running in a different rendering system
As a last resort, remove the music from the game and delete Grass.fho.

"Objects aren't showing up, what do I do?"
This will be a pain in the ass but try reinstalling. You can also try getting all files ending in .fho and putting them under media > objects.

"The trunks of the trees are base white, how do I fix this?"
Another map you have installed must have the same tree meshes. Remove that map by either deleting it if you no longer need it, or putting it on your desktop and then relogging into our map. When you want to go into the other map that has the same tree meshes, you can put our map onto the desktop and their map into exports, if that makes sense.
Just take turns with what map trees you would like to see.

"How many maps are there in all?"
huu i have to check i stopped paying attention after 5. Go have a look around. There are three in Mortuuk Grovel.

"The music isn't playing in the map?"
the mp3 file makes the map crash so I didn't include any music.  Sorry.

Map made by Vivacious/Mangio Culo/Coercion/Leda/whatever you'd like to call me.  Feel free to ask me any questions in PM or below.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:46:17 pm by Vivacious »

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: Rovaniik - Mountainous, beautiful map pack
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 06:14:02 am »
This looks incredibly breathtaking. I'm definitely going to have to explore the maps when I have the chance. Judging by the screenshots, you've done a wonderful job creatin' them. Thank you for sharing these with us.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 11:54:39 am »
//in HAILS
I love these screenies. Once I get my FeralHeart working again (Which should be soon, so don't worry) I am most likely will just download this. <3

Echoing harmony

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 11:59:00 am »
Oh my gosh!!!
That is a awesome map!! Such detail and time was put into this.
Keep up the good work  ;)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 12:09:11 pm »
Woaaah that is beautiful! It's so realistic and detailed, even in just the work in progress screenshots. I can tell that you definitely put a lot of time and effort into making this! I'd love to see more maps from you in the future.

Offline Vivacious

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 07:38:01 pm »
thanks everyone!  I'll have more screenies tonight though!! ;v;

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 10:04:25 pm »
This looks outstanding- fantastic work. It looks like you've put a lot of heart into this creation. Thank you for sharing this with us. I can't wait to see more screenshots. <3

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Vivacious

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 08:37:15 pm »
Thanks!  Added more screenshots.

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 08:48:43 pm »
[LOUD SCREAMING]

GORGEOUS. I LOVE IT. I'll definitely have to explore this one day! Outstanding job, Vivacious! +Floof !

in-game: hooli

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 11:23:29 pm »
This is an amazing map! I'll for sure be checking it out c: -Nuzzle-
Farewell everyone<3