Author Topic: Registery  (Read 2311 times)

Offline GingaSorrow

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -3
    • View Profile
Registery
« on: June 05, 2015, 06:34:15 pm »
I wanted my friend to get an account so that they could play with my on feralheart. Does the registery still open at random times or has it changed to certain times? Im just kinda sad because i havent been able to catch it yet and they are kinda excited about playing.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Registery
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 06:38:08 pm »
Yes, the Registration still opens at random times. This is due to the overwhelming popularity of people wanting to join the game. However, if you watch it closely, the Registration might just pop open out of nowhere. ;)

Good luck!

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Registery
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 06:38:19 pm »
Just to add:

General Information Regarding FeralHeart Registration

How does the registration actually work?
How the registration is set up currently is to randomize times throughout the week the site will open up the registration. These open registration times can vary greatly, it can open in early mornings, late mornings, mid day, early afternoons, etc. Once the registration actually does open it will show a new option in the yellow box next to the banner to register an account, but that's of course only when it is open.

When/how often does it open?
In this case, random is random so no one can tell or predict when it will be open, if registration were to be open at a certain time one day it doesn't have to open that time the next day. What can be said though is that it tends to be open several times every week, and every time it does open it opens for 2 hour stretches usually opening(or closing) when an hour changes, this means reloading the page every five minutes will not be the best way to get an account and will not increase your chances directly, instead maybe consider checking in every two hours for best effect. Just keep checking in and you will find an open registration time eventually!

Why does the registration work this way?
A lot people of people ask the question "why" the registration work this way, and the reason is quite a reasonable one. Feralheart is really just another game online, taken care of and run by people in their free time out of mere interest and love for the game itself. We want to make sure it works as well as we can, and that's where quantity is not the only thing to think about. We want to keep the site and game up and running smoothly without hiccups and issues due to the registration part, and just reduce general abuse of the registration system where users would intentionally hog accounts, those who really want or need an account will get one eventually. Even though a greater number of players is always fun to see, it cannot always be a priority since we need to look a bit further ahead than just that.

Can you open registration for me or my friends?
Not only can't we know when registration opens like any other users, but we cannot and will not open the registration on request. If one or two users get the registration open for them, so should everyone else. As it stands right now everyone needs to find an open registration time if they want an account and we excuse for any inconvenience that might bring.

Why don't you post schedules when it opens?
Not only don't we know when it will be open as mentioned above, but it would really defeat the whole purpose of having random registration times to begin with. Sometimes when we do catch the registration open, staff might post about it on things like our tumblr page or even deviantart, but having a pre-made schedule is not something we can have.
More info can be found here.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone